The secret to the New York Islanders success isn’t much of a secret to anyone. It’s actually quite simple.
The Islanders are at their best when they’re playing five on five hockey. It’s where the Barry Trotz system works best and the numbers are there to back it up. Heck, even just by using the eye test that statement rings true.
Despite a sloppy 40 minutes in the opening game between the New York Islanders and Washington Capitals, The Islanders outplayed the Capitals five on five. Even as the Capitals jumped to a 2-0 lead in the second period, the Islanders had held the Capitals to just two shots at even strength through the first two periods, according to Natural Stat Trick.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Takeaways: Islanders Blanked by Bruins in Second Straight Loss
Komarov, Dal Colle Return to New York Islanders Lineup
Nassau County Exec Calls on Cuomo to Raise Nassau Coliseum Capacity
NYHN Daily: Bad Beat in Boston, Islanders Defensive Growth & More
TURNING POINT: Missed chance, Hall’s goal sinks Islanders Against Bruins
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
NYHN: Getting Nick Foligno to the Islanders, Trade Rumors & More
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on