The New York Islanders were laser-focused on the task in front of them on Saturday when they met for the team’s final practice before Game 1 of their First Round matchup against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
However, plenty of questions remain for the Islanders, who stumbled to the finish line during the regular season. The Islanders team that started the year did not look like the same one that finished it. There were flashes of that team from time to time, but now we will see just which Islanders club shows up for Game 1.
Here are three questions facing the New York Islanders ahead of the opening game of their series with Pittsburgh.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz: Our Guys Were Taking Shots Because Tampa Knew We Weren’t Going to React
Islanders Likely to go with Same Lineup for Game 3 Against Tampa
Islanders Defensive Effort Not Where it Needed to be in Game 2 Loss
NYHN Daily: Islanders Fall in Game 2 to Lightning & more
Rapid Reaction: Islanders Thunderstruck in Game 2 Loss to Bolts
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
Papa Brock! Islanders Forward Welcomes New Child While Battling Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on