The New York Islanders did not play their best game Monday night. Not even close, in fact.
But thanks to the heroics of Ilya Sorokin and Josh Bailey they skated to a 3-2 double OT win over the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 5 of their first-round playoff series.
With one more win, the Islanders would move on to the second round of the postseason for the third straight season.
Let’s take a look at the finer points from this lengthy thriller.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz: Our Guys Were Taking Shots Because Tampa Knew We Weren’t Going to React
Islanders Likely to go with Same Lineup for Game 3 Against Tampa
Islanders Defensive Effort Not Where it Needed to be in Game 2 Loss
NYHN Daily: Islanders Fall in Game 2 to Lightning & more
Rapid Reaction: Islanders Thunderstruck in Game 2 Loss to Bolts
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
Papa Brock! Islanders Forward Welcomes New Child While Battling Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on