UNIONDALE, N.Y. — When Barry Trotz called Saturday’s Game 4 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins a “(New York) Islanders type of victory” he wasn’t wrong. The Islanders’ physical style of play frustrated Pittsburgh and helped lift them to a 4-1 win to even the series at 2-2.
Four different Islanders scored on Saturday afternoon sending the Nassau Coliseum into a frenzy and Ilya Sorokin gave a performance worthy of the important stage he was playing on. It proved to be a critical win to help curb sluggish play on the Islanders’ part, which had hurt them in Game 2 and Game 3.
Here are the takeaways from the Islanders Game 4 win at the Nassau Coliseum
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
New York Islanders Requiring Vaccination or Negative COVID Test to Attend Games
NYHN Daily: Islanders Hit the Ice, Eichel Situation Worsens & More
OTR: Frustrated Exec Calls Eichel Trade Price ‘Insane’, Tomas Hertl Updates | PHN +
Here’s Why Barry Trotz Paired Zdeno Chara and Noah Dobson Together
Bode Wilde is Lone Islander Unvaccinated, Not Attending Training Camp
Zach Parise Ready to Fit into Islanders Lineup, but Where Will That Be?
3 Burning Questions Facing the New York Islanders Going into Training Camp
Isles Alum Dave Scatchard Recalls Zdeno Chara’s Wild Shot During Time on LI
Report: Erik Gustafsson Headed to Islanders Camp on PTO
SECRET’S OUT: Zach Parise Officially Signs with New York Islanders
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on
- Chris Lamoriello: ‘We’re Not Ruling Anything Out’ When it Comes to Josh Ho-Sang on
- Sources: Palmieri Deal All-But Done, Landeskog ‘Intrigued’ and Islanders Interested in Tarasenko on