UNIONDALE, N.Y. — When Barry Trotz called Saturday’s Game 4 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins a “(New York) Islanders type of victory” he wasn’t wrong. The Islanders’ physical style of play frustrated Pittsburgh and helped lift them to a 4-1 win to even the series at 2-2.
Four different Islanders scored on Saturday afternoon sending the Nassau Coliseum into a frenzy and Ilya Sorokin gave a performance worthy of the important stage he was playing on. It proved to be a critical win to help curb sluggish play on the Islanders’ part, which had hurt them in Game 2 and Game 3.
Here are the takeaways from the Islanders Game 4 win at the Nassau Coliseum
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz: Our Guys Were Taking Shots Because Tampa Knew We Weren’t Going to React
Islanders Likely to go with Same Lineup for Game 3 Against Tampa
Islanders Defensive Effort Not Where it Needed to be in Game 2 Loss
NYHN Daily: Islanders Fall in Game 2 to Lightning & more
Rapid Reaction: Islanders Thunderstruck in Game 2 Loss to Bolts
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
Papa Brock! Islanders Forward Welcomes New Child While Battling Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on