Well, that game escalated quickly for the New York Islanders.
A five-goal third period with boatloads of penalties and skirmishes erupted at Nassau Coliseum, but even though the Islanders attempted a valiant comeback, they came up short as the Pittsburgh Penguins skated to a 5-4 win. Pittsburgh now holds a 2-1 series lead after taking the last two games.
“Sometimes it’s a little bit of puck luck,” Barry Trotz said after the game. “They got some bounces they went their way. We chased the game all day today. I thought we played pretty well. We didn’t give them a lot, but any time we gave them something, they scored.”
There’s a lot to dissect from this from this one so let’s take a deeper look.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Ross Johnston Faces Uphill Battle to Make Cut with the Islanders This Season
NYHN Daily: Islanders Shutout Rangers, Chara Leadership & More
5 Takeaways from the New York Islanders Preseason Win Over Rangers
Zdeno Chara Looms Large Over New York Islanders Training Camp Since Arrival
NYHN Daily: Dal Colle Role Diminishing, Cautiousness with Lee & More
3 Burning Questions Facing the New York Islanders Going into Training Camp
Isles Alum Dave Scatchard Recalls Zdeno Chara’s Wild Shot During Time on LI
Report: Erik Gustafsson Headed to Islanders Camp on PTO
New York Islanders Requiring Vaccination or Negative COVID Test to Attend Games
Back Where it All Started! Zdeno Chara Signs 1-Year Deal with Islanders
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on
- Chris Lamoriello: ‘We’re Not Ruling Anything Out’ When it Comes to Josh Ho-Sang on
- Sources: Palmieri Deal All-But Done, Landeskog ‘Intrigued’ and Islanders Interested in Tarasenko on