The New York Islanders spent Saturday and Sunday on the ice preparing to face the Philadelphia Flyers. It is likely the only two days that they’ll get on the ice over the next week.
Monday marks the start of the Second Round of the playoffs for New York and begins a six-day stretch that will see the Islanders and Flyers squaring off four times over that span. Meaning there is little time for practice during the best-of-seven series.
“You can correct a couple of things in practice, which is very helpful,” Islanders coach Barry Trotz said on Sunday. “But with our schedule based on being basically four games in six nights, there’s not going to be a lot of practice. Not until probably after Game 5 or Game 6.”
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Ilya Sorokin Takes Round 1 in Battle of New York’s Russian Goaltenders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Beat Rangers in Overtime, Late Night Trade & More
Let’s Make a Deal! Braydon Coburn Headed to Islanders After Late Night Deal with Ottawa
Plus/Minus: Good Start, Better Finish Pushes Islanders Over Rangers
(Pu)Lock it Down: Islanders Defenseman Scores Game-Winner in Victory of Rangers
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on