Former New York Islanders defenseman and restricted free agent Devon Toews received his payday on Tuesday, and soon Ryan Pulock will be looking for his.
The 26-year-old defenseman is also an RFA and remains unsigned by the Isles. Pulock elected to file for arbitration and is scheduled for a hearing on Nov. 6. The Islanders would like to have his contract handled before that date, but Pulock is due for a major raise from his previous two-year, $4 million bridge deal he signed in 2018.
Pulock has become a top-pairing defenseman for the Islanders, who logged an average of 22:24 of ice time per game this past season. It was the second consecutive year that Pulock has averaged more than 20 minutes a game and he is constantly up against the opposing team’s top players.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz: Our Guys Were Taking Shots Because Tampa Knew We Weren’t Going to React
Islanders Likely to go with Same Lineup for Game 3 Against Tampa
Islanders Defensive Effort Not Where it Needed to be in Game 2 Loss
NYHN Daily: Islanders Fall in Game 2 to Lightning & more
Rapid Reaction: Islanders Thunderstruck in Game 2 Loss to Bolts
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
Papa Brock! Islanders Forward Welcomes New Child While Battling Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on