There were no Hollywood writers up in Edmonton scripting the way the 2020 Eastern Conference Finals has played out. If there were, Brock Nelson scoring the game-winning goal on Friday would have been the ending they came up with for Game 3.
Alas, it was Brock Nelson who scored top shelf with 3:25 left in the game to put the New York Islander up 4-3 over the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Islanders defeated Tampa 5-3 to cut their series deficit to 2-1.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Teammates React To Barzal Extension: ‘He’s Worked His Whole Life For This’
Islanders 2nd Round of Cuts: Räty, Dufour, Holmstrom Head to Bridgeport
Rosner Wrap: 8 Years For Barzal, ‘No Other Place I’d Rather Be,’ Monumental Day
Mathew Barzal Shares Reasons for Long-Term Extension With Islanders
Rapid Recap: Bailey Bails Out Islanders Sloppy Showing, Dobson Plays Hero
Räty, Islanders Prospects Talk Skating With NHLers: ‘It’s Quite the Experience’
Wahlstrom ‘Too Hard’ on Himself Last Season, New Game Plan For 2022-23
EXCLUSIVE: ‘I Love Zach,’ Barzal and Parise Developing Something for the Islanders
What We Have Learned Through First Two Preseason Games
Training Camp Day 1: ‘Starting Point’, Initial Line Combos, D Pairings & More
The Backcheck Podcast: Social Media Shots, Latest on Islanders & More
COVID-Alt-Delete: Islanders Setting Up to Restart Season
PODCAST: All Aboard the Islanders W Train!
PODCAST: What Comes Next for the Islanders?
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Daly Doesn’t See Change Coming to Playoff Format
- Rapid Recap: Bailey Bails Out Islanders Sloppy Showing, Dobson Plays Hero on
- Mathew Barzal Shares Reasons for Long-Term Extension With Islanders on
- Rosner Wrap: 8 Years For Barzal, ‘No Other Place I’d Rather Be,’ Monumental Day on
- Rosner Wrap: Getting Gritty With It, Bellows-Wahlstrom Duel Continues & More on
- Varlamov Feeling ‘Really Good’, Bounce Back Season Incoming? on