The New York Islanders will want to forget about this game almost immediately.
The Islanders dropped Saturday’s rematch with the New York Rangers 5-0 at Madison Square Garden in a game that was the complete opposite of their first meeting on Thursday. The Isles gave almost no support to their rookie goaltender, Ilya Sorokin, and they played a sloppy 60-minutes.
Here are three takeaways from the Isles loss to the Rangers.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
NYHN Daily: Dal Colle Role Diminishing, Cautiousness with Lee & More
Is it Too Late for Michael Dal Colle to be a Difference Maker with Islanders?
Islanders Likely to Keep Anders Lee out of First Few Preseason Games
NYHN Daily: Islanders MSG Coverage, Beauvillier’s Time & More
New York Islanders Telecast Returns to MSG Networks for 70 Games
3 Burning Questions Facing the New York Islanders Going into Training Camp
Isles Alum Dave Scatchard Recalls Zdeno Chara’s Wild Shot During Time on LI
Report: Erik Gustafsson Headed to Islanders Camp on PTO
Back Where it All Started! Zdeno Chara Signs 1-Year Deal with Islanders
5 Islanders Trade Targets to Watch for a Left Defenseman | NYHN+
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on
- Chris Lamoriello: ‘We’re Not Ruling Anything Out’ When it Comes to Josh Ho-Sang on
- Sources: Palmieri Deal All-But Done, Landeskog ‘Intrigued’ and Islanders Interested in Tarasenko on