To say that Barry Trotz was upset about Tuesday’s 3-2 New York Islanders loss to the Washington Capitals would be an understatement.
The Islanders bench boss wasn’t hiding his frustration after the Islanders dropped their second consecutive game and lost because of a Justin Schultz goal with 26.4 seconds left on the clock. The Islanders coach was quite clear that something would change.
Here are three takeaways from the loss to Washington:
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Playoff Gameday: Islanders Game 2 Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Lightning
America’s Team? Changing Perception of Islanders Highlighted by New Twitter Data
Wahlstrom or Zajac? Tough Question Ahead for Islanders Barry Trotz
Willis Reed Moment Coming? Islanders Anders Lee Seen Skating after Practice in Tampa
OTR: Kraken Lurking for Trade Splash, Avs Headed for Big Shakeup? | NYHN+
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
13 Minutes: Islanders Stifling Defense In 3rd Seals Series Win Over Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on