The Islanders are returning to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in 27 years. If they’re looking to make it back to the Stanley Cup Final they’ll have to go through a tough Tampa Bay Lightning team.
New York is hoping to continue the dominating play it showcased in Game 7 of the Second Round when conference finals begin on Monday. For that to happen the Islanders will need the special teams to step, all four lines rolling and strong goaltending out of whoever is in net.
Below are three X-factors heading into Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Takeaways: Islanders Blanked by Bruins in Second Straight Loss
Komarov, Dal Colle Return to New York Islanders Lineup
Nassau County Exec Calls on Cuomo to Raise Nassau Coliseum Capacity
NYHN Daily: Bad Beat in Boston, Islanders Defensive Growth & More
TURNING POINT: Missed chance, Hall’s goal sinks Islanders Against Bruins
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
NYHN: Getting Nick Foligno to the Islanders, Trade Rumors & More
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on