The New York Islanders didn’t take the ice on Tuesday after being routed in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals by the Tampa Bay Lightning. Islanders coach Barry Trotz put the team through a light workout and stretch, and then they watched film.
The New York Islanders head coach characterized Tuesday as a day to regroup.
“We’re trying to catch up,” Trotz said. “You go to Game 7, you fly, you come back. We’re trying to get ready for another team and process that. Trying to muster the energy to play a very good rested Tampa Team. Today was just about regrouping and getting a little bit of clarity and what we need to do. A lot of stuff we did yesterday is manageable, but we’ll have to have a much better, tighter game than we did yesterday.”
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Takeaways: Islanders Blanked by Bruins in Second Straight Loss
Komarov, Dal Colle Return to New York Islanders Lineup
Nassau County Exec Calls on Cuomo to Raise Nassau Coliseum Capacity
NYHN Daily: Bad Beat in Boston, Islanders Defensive Growth & More
TURNING POINT: Missed chance, Hall’s goal sinks Islanders Against Bruins
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
NYHN: Getting Nick Foligno to the Islanders, Trade Rumors & More
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on