The Islanders know what it’s like to be up 1-0 in a series before.
They found themselves in that spot after beating the Pittsburgh Penguins last season in Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs. However, that was a best-of-seven series and the Islanders find themselves up 1-0 against the Florida Panthers in a best-of-five series.
A win on Tuesday would put Islanders in the driver’s seat of the shortened qualifying round series and allow them to close things out on Wednesday. A loss Will give the Panthers new life as they try and stave off the Islanders.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Islanders Sign Ross Johnston to Contract Extension
Isles’ Net Belongs to Ilya Sorokin Even with Varlamov’s Pending Return
NYHN Daily: Sorokin a Star for Islanders, Thoughts Six Games in, & More
Bridgeport Islanders Notebook: Big Weekend for Forward Anatolii Golyshev
What We’ve Learned About the New York Islanders After 6 Games
Chara’s Early Struggles Should Lead to Blue Line Change This Weekend
One New York Islanders Fan’s Quest to Honor Father & Former Equipment Manager
Without Martin, Islanders Fourth Line Lacked Identity
Robin Salo Already Making Impact in AHL Bridgeport
New York Islanders Legend Mike Bossy Announces he is Battling Lung Cancer
- Chara’s Early Struggles Should Lead to Blue Line Change This Weekend on
- Rapid Reaction: Islanders Mauled by Panthers in Second Consecutive Loss on
- UBS Arena Puts Islanders Hockey, Fans First on
- Islanders Loan Bode Wilde to Swedish Club Following Refusal to Vaccinate on
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on