TORONTO — Like a savant, an augur, a voyant of clair, NYI Hockey Now’s Christian Arnold wrote in his pregame Friday about the New York Islanders having to play 5-on-5 hockey in Game-2 to be successful. Bingo!
Stay out of the box. How many times have you heard that advice or admonishment when a team has spent too much time there. For all of their impressive defensive improvements these past couple of seasons under coach Barry Trotz, the penalty kill hasn’t been the difference-maker for the Isles. In 2019-20 it was middle of the pack.
Special teams is not an area the Isles will likely win. Thus the emphasis on even strength hockey. The Cap’s went 0-for-2 on the power play in Game 2, the second number of that statistic just as important as the first. Keep the penalty kill off the ice.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Playoff Gameday: Islanders Game 2 Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Lightning
America’s Team? Changing Perception of Islanders Highlighted by New Twitter Data
Wahlstrom or Zajac? Tough Question Ahead for Islanders Barry Trotz
Willis Reed Moment Coming? Islanders Anders Lee Seen Skating after Practice in Tampa
OTR: Kraken Lurking for Trade Splash, Avs Headed for Big Shakeup? | NYHN+
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
13 Minutes: Islanders Stifling Defense In 3rd Seals Series Win Over Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on