After the Islanders acquired Jean-Gabriel Pageau at the NHL trade deadline in February and then signed him to a contract extension, the newest member of the organization spoke glowingly of his new home. The comments immediately endeared him to Islanders fans.
Since then, the love affair has only grown as Pageau has ingrained himself into the Islanders’ culture even more. During the Qualifying Round series with the Florida Panthers, Pageau discussed how lucky he felt to be part of the “Islanders brotherhood.”
He then proceeded to take twitter by storm over the weekend with his WWE-like entrance during the team ping pong tournament the players were holding inside their hotel. Pageau was the “Boys of the Isle” ping pong champion by the end of Saturday.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Playoff Gameday: Islanders Game 2 Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Lightning
America’s Team? Changing Perception of Islanders Highlighted by New Twitter Data
Wahlstrom or Zajac? Tough Question Ahead for Islanders Barry Trotz
Willis Reed Moment Coming? Islanders Anders Lee Seen Skating after Practice in Tampa
OTR: Kraken Lurking for Trade Splash, Avs Headed for Big Shakeup? | NYHN+
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
13 Minutes: Islanders Stifling Defense In 3rd Seals Series Win Over Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on