When it comes to the New York Islanders future, Oliver Wahlstrom, Kieffer Bellows and Simon Holmstrom are three pieces that could have a big impact on the team going forward.
All three spent a majority of the 2019-20 season in AHL Bridgeport with the Sound Tigers. Wahlstrom and Bellows both made appearances in the NHL with the Islanders, and Bellows scored his first two career goals in the NHL during an eight-game stint.
And the three each made notable strides during the abbreviated American Hockey League season, according to Bridgeport head coach Brent Thompson.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Islanders Sign Ross Johnston to Contract Extension
Isles’ Net Belongs to Ilya Sorokin Even with Varlamov’s Pending Return
NYHN Daily: Sorokin a Star for Islanders, Thoughts Six Games in, & More
Bridgeport Islanders Notebook: Big Weekend for Forward Anatolii Golyshev
What We’ve Learned About the New York Islanders After 6 Games
Chara’s Early Struggles Should Lead to Blue Line Change This Weekend
One New York Islanders Fan’s Quest to Honor Father & Former Equipment Manager
Without Martin, Islanders Fourth Line Lacked Identity
Robin Salo Already Making Impact in AHL Bridgeport
New York Islanders Legend Mike Bossy Announces he is Battling Lung Cancer
- Chara’s Early Struggles Should Lead to Blue Line Change This Weekend on
- Rapid Reaction: Islanders Mauled by Panthers in Second Consecutive Loss on
- UBS Arena Puts Islanders Hockey, Fans First on
- Islanders Loan Bode Wilde to Swedish Club Following Refusal to Vaccinate on
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on