As NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly fight a multi-front battle with NHL owners, the players, and COVID, a sudden wave of optimism for the 2020-21 NHL season to be played permeated around the league as the first weekend in December arrived.
The relationship between the NHL and NHLPA is souring once again, multiple NHL owners would prefer not to play a truncated 2020-21 NHL season, but as of Friday morning, there was a strong enough push from within the PA and more importantly from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly to soldier through and make sure we have NHL hockey back at some point next month.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
New York Islanders let Division Lead Slip away with Loss to New York Rangers
Ilya Sorokin’s Mental Toughness Leading to Success in Net for Islanders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Find a Way to Win, Trade Deadline Looming & More
Plus/Minus: Islanders, Sorokin Roll to Shootout Win Over Flyers Again
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
OTR: Hall Cost ‘Comical’. ‘Wild Wild West’ NHL Trade Deadline? | NYHN+
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on