As NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly fight a multi-front battle with NHL owners, the players, and COVID, a sudden wave of optimism for the 2020-21 NHL season to be played permeated around the league as the first weekend in December arrived.
The relationship between the NHL and NHLPA is souring once again, multiple NHL owners would prefer not to play a truncated 2020-21 NHL season, but as of Friday morning, there was a strong enough push from within the PA and more importantly from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly to soldier through and make sure we have NHL hockey back at some point next month.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Playoff Gameday: Islanders Game 2 Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Lightning
America’s Team? Changing Perception of Islanders Highlighted by New Twitter Data
Wahlstrom or Zajac? Tough Question Ahead for Islanders Barry Trotz
Willis Reed Moment Coming? Islanders Anders Lee Seen Skating after Practice in Tampa
OTR: Kraken Lurking for Trade Splash, Avs Headed for Big Shakeup? | NYHN+
Chants of ‘Let’s Go Islanders’ Heard at Belmont Stakes
Saints Go Marching In: NFL Team Jumps on Islanders Bandwagon
Three Things the New York Islanders Need to Beat Tampa Bay
For Islanders fans, Return to Normalcy Allowing for Proper Nassau Coliseum Sendoff
13 Minutes: Islanders Stifling Defense In 3rd Seals Series Win Over Bruins
- TURNING POINT: How Boston Learned Never to Leave Mathew Barzal That Open on
- Arnold: Johnny Boychuk Helped Change Perception, Culture of New York Islanders on
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Play Condensed 24 Game Schedule This Season on
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on