As NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly fight a multi-front battle with NHL owners, the players, and COVID, a sudden wave of optimism for the 2020-21 NHL season to be played permeated around the league as the first weekend in December arrived.
The relationship between the NHL and NHLPA is souring once again, multiple NHL owners would prefer not to play a truncated 2020-21 NHL season, but as of Friday morning, there was a strong enough push from within the PA and more importantly from NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly to soldier through and make sure we have NHL hockey back at some point next month.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Is it Too Late for Michael Dal Colle to be a Difference Maker with Islanders?
Islanders Likely to Keep Anders Lee out of First Few Preseason Games
NYHN Daily: Islanders MSG Coverage, Beauvillier’s Time & More
New York Islanders Telecast Returns to MSG Networks for 70 Games
Time is Ticking for Anthony Beauvillier to Prove Worth with Islanders
3 Burning Questions Facing the New York Islanders Going into Training Camp
Isles Alum Dave Scatchard Recalls Zdeno Chara’s Wild Shot During Time on LI
Report: Erik Gustafsson Headed to Islanders Camp on PTO
Back Where it All Started! Zdeno Chara Signs 1-Year Deal with Islanders
5 Islanders Trade Targets to Watch for a Left Defenseman | NYHN+
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on
- Chris Lamoriello: ‘We’re Not Ruling Anything Out’ When it Comes to Josh Ho-Sang on
- Sources: Palmieri Deal All-But Done, Landeskog ‘Intrigued’ and Islanders Interested in Tarasenko on