There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the New York Islanders, but many fans lead a very busy life, meaning it’s not always possible to keep up to date with every news story.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Every Sunday, we will recap the most exciting and relevant news stories you may have missed throughout the week.
- NYI Hockey Now spoke with the cousin of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane, junior Noah Kane, who plays for LIU. He would be thrilled to have Patrick on Long Island.
- After what appeared to be a serious knee injury, Simon Holmstrom returned to practice and skated alongside Mathew Barzal.
- The Islanders geared up for their five-game homestand but explained the importance of spending quality time at home.
- Before the game against the Dallas Stars, the Islanders activated Simon Holmstrom off IR.
- Zach Parise is outplaying his contract and has been one of the most efficient cost-per-point players in the NHL this season.
- On Tuesday night, the New York Islanders not only played their first home game of 2023 but welcomed their one-millionth fan to UBS Arena.
- The Islanders lost 2-1 to the Dallas Stars, with Anthony Beauvillier’s blunder a costly one, as their losing streak reached three games.
- Simon Holmstrom opened up about his injury, stating that he was lucky to avoid any serious damage to his knee.
- Are the San Jose Sharks scouting the Islanders? Reasons for Aatu Räty’s reassignment.
- Here’s how the Islanders let Minnesota Wild captain Jared Spurgeon slip through their fingertips back in 2008.
- On Thursday morning, Adam Pelech was back on the ice with his teammates for the first time since his injury on Dec. 6.
- The Islanders blew a one-goal lead in 1:33 minutes in the third period against the Minnesota Wild, ultimately losing 2-1. The players knew that blowing leads can’t happen as their losing streak reached four games.
- As the Islanders are slumping, so is All-Star Brock Nelson, who has no goals in 11 games. As he goes, the Islanders go.
- Netminder Ilya Sorokin has been so impressive as of late but has not won games as his team has let him down.
- The Islanders offensive continues to be an issue as general manager Lou Lamoriello must buy now, or he will end up selling later.
- Did you know that former Islanders general manager Neil Smith works for UBS?
- Late Friday night, Islanders top Aatu Räty played hero as he scored the overtime winner against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms to snap the Bridgeport Islanders 11-game skid.
- The Islanders held Mike Bossy Night as we look back to the first home game following his passing.
- Here’s what Islanders head coach Lane Lambert said on their offensive woes.
- The Islanders snapped their four-game skid with a 2-1 over the Montreal Canadiens, as the locker room chatter was about challenging one another.
Up next: The New York Islanders host the Washington Capitals Monday at 7:30 PM at UBS Arena.