On Wednesday, the NHL released an updated 2021-22 regular-season schedule due to all the postponements from COVID-19 thus far this season. 95 games will be made up during the 2022 Winter Olympics, which the NHL is not attending.
The @NHL announces a comprehensive update to the 2021-22 regular-season schedule. All teams will complete the full season by original April 29 closing date.
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) January 19, 2022
For the New York Islanders, their nine games that were postponed previously have all been rescheduled, as well as the altering of dates for four other contests:
- NYI AT VAN, 2/9/22 at 10:30 PM
- NYI AT EDM, 2/11/22 at 9 PM
- NYI AT CGY, 2/12/22 at 10 PM
- NYI AT BUF, 2/15/22 at 7 PM
- NYI VS BOS, 2/17/22 at 7:30 PM
- NYI VS MTL, 2/20/22 at 2 PM
- NYI AT SEA, 2/22/22 at 10 PM
- NYI VS CBJ, 3/10.22 at 7:30 PM
- NYI VS OTT, 3/22/22 at 7:30 PM
- NYI VS DET, 3/24/22 at 7:30 PM
- NYI VS PIT, 4/12/22 at 7:30 PM
- NYI VS WSH, 4/28/22 at 7 PM
- NYI VS TBL, 4/29/22 at 7:30 PM
Previously, the Islanders were not scheduled to play any games from Feb 2 to Feb. 24 due to the Winter Olympics. But with the changes, the Islanders will have seven games over that span.
Following a contest against the Ottawa Senators at home on Feb. 1, the Islanders will have off for eight days before they travel out west to make up their Western Canada road trip that was postponed earlier this month.
With the new schedule, the Islanders will have 10 back-to-back games, from now until the end of the season.
It will be a busy stretch for the New York Islanders from now until the end of the season as starting Friday, the Islanders will play 50 games in the next 99 days to close out the regular season.
Who do you think will win the 2022 Stanley Cup Finals? Check out Fanduel.com’s Stanley Cup betting odds and place a future bet today!