Barry Trotz spoke strongly after Tuesday night’s loss that his team needed to have a playoff mentality.
Through one period Thursday, it looked as if the New York Islanders received the message loud and clear.
By the second, the message was lost in translation.
The Washington Capitals deposited their final goal of a 6-3 win over the Islanders in the dying minutes of the final period, but the game was over in the middle third.
Things looked good after one, as the Islanders built up a three-goal lead with two of the scores coming from the bottom-six forwards.
So what went wrong in the second frame?
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Must Win? Islanders Lineup, Matchups & Games Notes vs. Flyers
NYHN Daily: Another Boston Beatdown, Islanders Having Fun & Ryan Pulock and Adam Pelech
Takeaways: Islanders Blanked by Bruins in Second Straight Loss
Komarov, Dal Colle Return to New York Islanders Lineup
Nassau County Exec Calls on Cuomo to Raise Nassau Coliseum Capacity
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Islanders’ Barry Trotz: ‘Thank God We Still Have Kieffer Bellows’ | NYHN +
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on