The New York Islanders opted to use the 2020 NHL Draft to add organizational depth upfront with the selection of three forwards on Wednesday. The Islanders did pick up a defenseman and goaltender as well, but the focus for Lou Lamoriello and the Islanders scouting staff was at forward.
Alexander Ljungkrantz, Alex Jefferies and William Dufour won’t be making an impact on the Islanders roster for some time, but have the potential to be contributors in the years to come. The New York Islanders were limited in what they could do during the draft since they did not have a first or second-round pick this year because of the deadline acquisition of Jean-Gabriel Pageau.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
New York Islanders let Division Lead Slip away with Loss to New York Rangers
Ilya Sorokin’s Mental Toughness Leading to Success in Net for Islanders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Find a Way to Win, Trade Deadline Looming & More
Plus/Minus: Islanders, Sorokin Roll to Shootout Win Over Flyers Again
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
OTR: Hall Cost ‘Comical’. ‘Wild Wild West’ NHL Trade Deadline? | NYHN+
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on