Nikita Kucherov’s goal with 8.8 seconds left in the third period sealed the Tampa Bay Lightning’s win in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Final, but the New York Islanders arguably lost the game well before that strike.
A solid rebound effort after a demoralizing 8-2 Game 1 loss, the Islanders played a style they’re more accustomed to utilizing. However, a bevy of missed chances hurt them well before the back-breaking goal.
“Everybody will tell you, you have to be in the moment and you can’t worry about the results,” Barry Trotz said. “And yes, the results are what you’re judged on. But you have to focus on the process in what you’re doing in that moment.”
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Ilya Sorokin Takes Round 1 in Battle of New York’s Russian Goaltenders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Beat Rangers in Overtime, Late Night Trade & More
Let’s Make a Deal! Braydon Coburn Headed to Islanders After Late Night Deal with Ottawa
Plus/Minus: Good Start, Better Finish Pushes Islanders Over Rangers
(Pu)Lock it Down: Islanders Defenseman Scores Game-Winner in Victory of Rangers
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on