If there were any concerns about Mathew Barzal’s game because of his late arrival to training camp, the 23-year-old has quickly dispelled them with his dominant play on Thursday night.
It was Barzal’s three points (1g, 2a) along with linemate Jordan Eberle’s two goals that pushed the Islanders to a 4-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils at Nassau Coliseum.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Rapid Reaction: Islanders Mauled by Panthers in Second Consecutive Loss
WATCH: Mathew Barzal Shows off Stickhandling Ability Prior to Matchup vs. Panthers
Sunshine State Showdown: Islanders Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Florida
NYHN Daily: Islanders Communication Issues, Honoring Hayes & More
A Failure to Communicate in Own Zone Hurt Islanders in Loss to Carolina
Richard Panik, Thomas Hickey Waived by New York Islanders Ahead of Preseason Finale
Making Sense of the New York Islanders 23-Man Roster
One New York Islanders Fan’s Quest to Honor Father & Former Equipment Manager
NYHN Daily: Parise Getting Comfortable with Pageau, Lehner Summoned & More
Barry Trotz: ‘Robin Lehner is a Passionate Person’
- UBS Arena Puts Islanders Hockey, Fans First on
- Islanders Loan Bode Wilde to Swedish Club Following Refusal to Vaccinate on
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on