There will be at least one more game in the Islanders Qualifying Round series with the Florida Panthers. The Islanders couldn’t’ complete the sweep on Wednesday in a 3-2 loss in Game 3.
It was a more uncharacteristic performance from the Islanders, who made several mental mistakes that cost them in the end. They did hold Florida to 22 shots, but gave them five chances on the man-advantage and went 0-for-3 on the power play themselves.
1. Special teams really did make the difference on Wednesday afternoon.
The Islanders played well at even strength against the Panthers in Game 3. In fact, looking at the numbers Game 3 wasn’t one that the Islanders should be losing. The Islanders finished the game creating high danger chances 65.96% of the time five on five, with an expected goals rating of 69.26%, according to Natural Stat Trick.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Ilya Sorokin Takes Round 1 in Battle of New York’s Russian Goaltenders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Beat Rangers in Overtime, Late Night Trade & More
Let’s Make a Deal! Braydon Coburn Headed to Islanders After Late Night Deal with Ottawa
Plus/Minus: Good Start, Better Finish Pushes Islanders Over Rangers
(Pu)Lock it Down: Islanders Defenseman Scores Game-Winner in Victory of Rangers
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on