The Islanders are moving on to the playoffs. They defeated the Florida Panthers 5-1 in Game 4 to make it out of the Qualifying Round of the postseason tournament.
The Islanders got back to what made them successful in the first two games of the series. Truth be told, minus some mental lapses in Game 3, The Islanders played a solid series against a Florida team that knows how to put the puck in the net.
Anthony Beauvillier scored twice in Game 4, while Brock Nelson, Mat Barzal and Jean-Gabriel Pageau also found the back of the net. Mike Hoffman scored Florida’s only goal.
1. It is no exaggeration to call Ryan Pulock’s goal-saving play in the second period a turning point in Game 4. The Islanders were up 3-1 with just over 10 minutes to go in the middle frame when Aleksander Barkov found himself with a wide-open net to shoot at.
Semyon Varlamov had been knocked down after Adam Pelech accidentally pushed Jonathan Huberdeau towards the Islanders netminder. Barkov had what looked like an easy goal until Pulock came diving to get his stick on the shot and redirect over the net.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Takeaways: Islanders Blanked by Bruins in Second Straight Loss
Komarov, Dal Colle Return to New York Islanders Lineup
Nassau County Exec Calls on Cuomo to Raise Nassau Coliseum Capacity
NYHN Daily: Bad Beat in Boston, Islanders Defensive Growth & More
TURNING POINT: Missed chance, Hall’s goal sinks Islanders Against Bruins
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
NYHN: Getting Nick Foligno to the Islanders, Trade Rumors & More
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on