Should we start calling the Islanders the comeback kids?
They certainly would be deserving of it after Wednesday’s Game 1 come from behind victory over the Washington Capitals. The Islanders rallied from a 2-0 deficit to win 4-2 after playing a less than stellar opening 40 minutes and giving the Capitals seven power-play chances.
Josh Bailey scored the game-winning goal in the third period and Anthony Beauvillier sealed the win with an insurance goal later on. Jordan Eberle and Anders Lee also scored for New York.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
NYHN Daily: Dal Colle Role Diminishing, Cautiousness with Lee & More
Is it Too Late for Michael Dal Colle to be a Difference Maker with Islanders?
Islanders Likely to Keep Anders Lee out of First Few Preseason Games
NYHN Daily: Islanders MSG Coverage, Beauvillier’s Time & More
New York Islanders Telecast Returns to MSG Networks for 70 Games
3 Burning Questions Facing the New York Islanders Going into Training Camp
Isles Alum Dave Scatchard Recalls Zdeno Chara’s Wild Shot During Time on LI
Report: Erik Gustafsson Headed to Islanders Camp on PTO
Back Where it All Started! Zdeno Chara Signs 1-Year Deal with Islanders
5 Islanders Trade Targets to Watch for a Left Defenseman | NYHN+
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on
- Chris Lamoriello: ‘We’re Not Ruling Anything Out’ When it Comes to Josh Ho-Sang on
- Sources: Palmieri Deal All-But Done, Landeskog ‘Intrigued’ and Islanders Interested in Tarasenko on