Should we start calling the Islanders the comeback kids?
They certainly would be deserving of it after Wednesday’s Game 1 come from behind victory over the Washington Capitals. The Islanders rallied from a 2-0 deficit to win 4-2 after playing a less than stellar opening 40 minutes and giving the Capitals seven power-play chances.
Josh Bailey scored the game-winning goal in the third period and Anthony Beauvillier sealed the win with an insurance goal later on. Jordan Eberle and Anders Lee also scored for New York.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
New York Islanders let Division Lead Slip away with Loss to New York Rangers
Ilya Sorokin’s Mental Toughness Leading to Success in Net for Islanders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Find a Way to Win, Trade Deadline Looming & More
Plus/Minus: Islanders, Sorokin Roll to Shootout Win Over Flyers Again
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
OTR: Hall Cost ‘Comical’. ‘Wild Wild West’ NHL Trade Deadline? | NYHN+
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on