This will be a game Barry Trotz will take any day of the week. The New York Islanders carried the pace of play against the New York Rangers in Wednesday’s exhibition game and came away with the 2-1 victory.
The Islanders took about 20 minutes to fully get their sea legs under them, but once they did the team appeared to find a rhythm. The Isles outshot the Rangers 16-15 through the final 40 minutes and they picked up the physical play in the second period.
1. Anthony Beauvillier had a standout performance on Wednesday night. The 23-year-old lead the Islanders in shots on goal with four and scored the opening goal 9:15 into the second period. And Beauvillier had plenty of scoring chances before that as well.
Late in the first period, Beauvillier forced New York Rangers starter Igor Sheseterkin to make a tough save. The hard-charging Beauvillier was then able to pick up his own rebound and draw a penalty.
Beauvillier had a bit of an up and down year during the regular season. He finished the year with 18 goals, but registered just two points in the Islanders’ last 10 games before the pandemic. The winger spent training camp 2.0 working with Brock Nelson and Josh Bailey, and the trio worked out well.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Ilya Sorokin Takes Round 1 in Battle of New York’s Russian Goaltenders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Beat Rangers in Overtime, Late Night Trade & More
Let’s Make a Deal! Braydon Coburn Headed to Islanders After Late Night Deal with Ottawa
Plus/Minus: Good Start, Better Finish Pushes Islanders Over Rangers
(Pu)Lock it Down: Islanders Defenseman Scores Game-Winner in Victory of Rangers
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on