In the days leading up to Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, a reporter asked several Islanders what exactly it means when some talks about playoff hockey being different.
At the time it seemed like a rather silly question, but after thinking about it further and knowing that Adam Pelech played a large chunk of Game 5 with an injury, it’s a much more fascinating question than first given credit for. Pelech missed Game 6 with a broken wrist.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Islanders Defense Needs Spark After Back-to-Back Losses
Rapid Reaction: Islanders Mauled by Panthers in Second Consecutive Loss
WATCH: Mathew Barzal Shows off Stickhandling Ability Prior to Matchup vs. Panthers
Sunshine State Showdown: Islanders Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Florida
NYHN Daily: Islanders Communication Issues, Honoring Hayes & More
Richard Panik, Thomas Hickey Waived by New York Islanders Ahead of Preseason Finale
Making Sense of the New York Islanders 23-Man Roster
One New York Islanders Fan’s Quest to Honor Father & Former Equipment Manager
NYHN Daily: Parise Getting Comfortable with Pageau, Lehner Summoned & More
Barry Trotz: ‘Robin Lehner is a Passionate Person’
- UBS Arena Puts Islanders Hockey, Fans First on
- Islanders Loan Bode Wilde to Swedish Club Following Refusal to Vaccinate on
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on