The New York Islanders acquired forward A.J. Greer in a trade with the Colorado Avalanche for defenseman Kyle Burroughs.
Both players are restricted free agents.
The move is one of the first the Islanders have made this offseason. The Islanders have been hindered by limited cap space since free agency opened on Friday at noon.
Greer, 23, had 32 points (16 goals, 16 assists) in 47 games with the Colorado Eagles of the AHL. He appeared in 37 NHL games with the Colorado Avalanche and has a goal and five assists in that span.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Let’s Make a Deal! Braydon Coburn Headed to Islanders After Late Night Deal with Ottawa
Plus/Minus: Good Start, Better Finish Pushes Islanders Over Rangers
(Pu)Lock it Down: Islanders Defenseman Scores Game-Winner in Victory of Rangers
WATCH: Kyle Palmieri Scores First Goal as Islander
OTR: Will Kings And Ducks Be Busy At NHL Trade Deadline? | NYHN+
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on