The 2019-20 season has been a roller coaster ride of highs and lows for the New York Islanders. Down 2-0 to the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Islanders are in a bit of a low at the moment.
They were decimated in Game 1 by a score of 8-2 and then dropped a heartbreaker in Game 2. The Islanders had a much better performance in the second game of the series, but a goal with 7.8 seconds left in the game obliterated the Isles hopes of tying the series at one game apiece. Game 3 takes place on Friday at 8 p.m.
Below are five takeaways from the first two games of the Eastern Conference Finals:
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Ilya Sorokin Takes Round 1 in Battle of New York’s Russian Goaltenders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Beat Rangers in Overtime, Late Night Trade & More
Let’s Make a Deal! Braydon Coburn Headed to Islanders After Late Night Deal with Ottawa
Plus/Minus: Good Start, Better Finish Pushes Islanders Over Rangers
(Pu)Lock it Down: Islanders Defenseman Scores Game-Winner in Victory of Rangers
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on