Casey Cizikas is headlining a stable of pending unrestricted free agents that the New York Islanders have to deal with. Lou Lamoriello and the rest of the Islanders front office also have a handful of restricted free agents that need new contracts, including Adam Pelech.
As part of the Islanders’ top defensive pair, Pelech is in store for a raise after the year he had for New York and he will get one. Lamoriello told reporters on Tuesday that his plan is to keep the RFAs that the Islanders have without having to ship one away to help make room under the salary cap.
Sportsnet’s Elliott Friedman suggested that the Islanders offseason could begin with getting a deal worked out for Pelech, and that would make sense. But how much is Pelech worth and what would a new contract look like for him?
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
New York Islanders Requiring Vaccination or Negative COVID Test to Attend Games
NYHN Daily: Islanders Hit the Ice, Eichel Situation Worsens & More
OTR: Frustrated Exec Calls Eichel Trade Price ‘Insane’, Tomas Hertl Updates | PHN +
Here’s Why Barry Trotz Paired Zdeno Chara and Noah Dobson Together
Bode Wilde is Lone Islander Unvaccinated, Not Attending Training Camp
Zach Parise Ready to Fit into Islanders Lineup, but Where Will That Be?
3 Burning Questions Facing the New York Islanders Going into Training Camp
Isles Alum Dave Scatchard Recalls Zdeno Chara’s Wild Shot During Time on LI
Report: Erik Gustafsson Headed to Islanders Camp on PTO
SECRET’S OUT: Zach Parise Officially Signs with New York Islanders
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on
- Bridgeport City Council Approves Deal to Keep Islanders, Renovate Arena on
- SIGNED! Islanders Lock up Ryan Pulock for Two More Years on
- Chris Lamoriello: ‘We’re Not Ruling Anything Out’ When it Comes to Josh Ho-Sang on
- Sources: Palmieri Deal All-But Done, Landeskog ‘Intrigued’ and Islanders Interested in Tarasenko on