There are no two players that are quite as synonymous with one another as Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy. The two were acquired the same day as one another and have played alongside each other on the New York Islanders blue line ever since.
So this season will be a bit of a new experience for Leddy, along with the rest of the Islanders’ defensive core.
“I know with myself we came in on the same day together and basically have been together every day since,” Nick Leddy said. “I’ll definitely miss him a lot. I’m glad he can stick around the team and help us out in any way he can.”
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Robin Salo Already Making Impact in AHL Bridgeport
3 Takeaways from the New York Islanders Much-Needed Win Over Coyotes
In Need of A Win: Islanders Lines, Matchups and Game Notes vs. Yotes
Semyon Varlamov Will Not Play This Weekend; Cory Schneider Possibly Starts vs. Vegas
NYHN Daily: Changes Coming to the Islanders Second Line, Zdeno Chara & More
One New York Islanders Fan’s Quest to Honor Father & Former Equipment Manager
Chara’s Early Struggles Should Lead to Blue Line Change This Weekend
Making Sense of the New York Islanders 23-Man Roster
Without Martin, Islanders Fourth Line Lacked Identity
New York Islanders: 5 Looming Questions Heading into Season Opener
- Chara’s Early Struggles Should Lead to Blue Line Change This Weekend on
- Rapid Reaction: Islanders Mauled by Panthers in Second Consecutive Loss on
- UBS Arena Puts Islanders Hockey, Fans First on
- Islanders Loan Bode Wilde to Swedish Club Following Refusal to Vaccinate on
- Islanders Should Roll with a Tandem in Goal Yet Again This Season on