The New York Islanders have a few open spots to fill on the third line for 2020-21, and with the news that Derick Brassard won’t be returning for a second season on Long Island now would be the time to give Oliver Wahlstrom a chance there.
Wahlstrom isn’t the only option the Islanders have, in fact, they have a few veterans that one could argue should take the spot. Michael Dal Colle for instance has developed into a solid bottom-six forward and he did end up playing a majority of the 2019-20 season with the Islanders.
Veteran forward Leo Komarov is still in the mix as well, although that could change before training camp as the Islanders sort out their cap issues.
GET NYIHN IN YOUR INBOX!
NYI Team & Cap Info
Barry Trotz Explains Decision to Keep Oliver Wahlstrom Out of Lineup
New York Islanders let Division Lead Slip away with Loss to New York Rangers
Ilya Sorokin’s Mental Toughness Leading to Success in Net for Islanders
NYHN Daily: Islanders Find a Way to Win, Trade Deadline Looming & More
Plus/Minus: Islanders, Sorokin Roll to Shootout Win Over Flyers Again
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island
Where Will Barry Trotz Use Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac in Islanders Lineup?
Islanders Trade: Get Palmieri, Zajac in Blockbuster with New Jersey
OTR: Hall Cost ‘Comical’. ‘Wild Wild West’ NHL Trade Deadline? | NYHN+
Islanders Trade Talk: How to Bring Kyle Palmieri to Long Island
- Islanders Trade Talk: How to Get Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno to Long Island on
- WHAT CAN BROWN DO FOR YOU? LA Forward Could Be Lee Trade Deadline Replacement on
- Islanders Making Most of Ilya Sorokin’s Time in Playoff Bubble on
- Off the Record: Speculation On Pens, Gibson; Vancouver Mess | NYHN+ on
- Josh Bailey Plays Against New Jersey After Coming Off COVID Protocol List on